[CentOS] Installing Tomact as a service... update

Preston Crawford

me at prestoncrawford.com
Tue Nov 1 00:04:56 UTC 2005

So I've been trying to use this site and the daemon script here.

http://www.linuxjava.net/howto/webapp/#tomcat

It works so far. I mean, at least the server starts, I can get to the
site, etc. So far, so good. The only problem is, for some reason when I
start tomcat using root everything runs fine. When I start tomcat using
this script, however, I get this....

FATAL [http-8080-Processor25] (DatasourceConnectionProvider.java:47) -
Could not find datasource: java:comp/env/jdbc/sybDB
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name jdbc is not bound in this Context

Any idea what the difference would be?

Preston