[CentOS] Putting nat routing into place permanently? -- service iptables save

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 1 17:18:09 UTC 2005

Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> Okay, here you lost me. Are you saying we run
> /etc/sysconfig/iptables at boot for the various runlevels?

Er, /etc/init.d/iptables (which will use
/etc/sysconfig/iptables) at the various boot-levels, yes.
E.g.,
  # chkconfig --level 2345 iptables on

/etc/sysconfig/iptables is not a directly executable script,
it's a config file with pseudo (and quite incomplete)
iptables lines and other info.

It is written (from the rules in memory) when you run:
  # sysconfig iptables save