[CentOS] clamav

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Nov 1 22:11:45 UTC 2005

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 11:40 -0500, Robin Mordasiewicz wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, JC wrote:
>>
>>> When I executed: /usr/bin/freshclam -l /var/log/clamav/clam-update.log
>>>
>>> I got these warnings:
>>>
>>> ClamAV update process started at Tue Nov  1 08:21:20 2005
>>> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
>>> WARNING: Local version: 0.83 Recommended version: 0.87
>>> main.cvd is up to date (version: 34, sigs: 39625, f-level: 5, builder: tkojm)
>>> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
>>> WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, required = 5
>>> daily.cvd is up to date (version: 1151, sigs: 1289, f-level: 6, builder:
>>> tomek)
>>> WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED - please update immediately!
>>> WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, required = 6
>>>
>>> then added dag.repo and executed: yum update clamav clamd clamav-db
>>>
>>> and i got these:
>>>
>>> Setting up Update Process
>>> Setting up repositories
>>> dag                       100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>>> update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>>> base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>>> addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
>>> extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
>>> Reading repository metadata in from local files
>>> Could not find update match for clamav-db
>>> Could not find update match for clamd
>>> Could not find update match for clamav
>>> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion
>>>
>> stop-top posting plz.
>>
>> First of all freshclam is used for updating virus signatures. The warning
>> you are getting is because your clamd program is out of date.
>>

> ClamAV puts this warning in their program to get people to upgrade to
> their latest version.  It is not NORMALLY a problem to have a lower
> program version, so long as the virus signatures are updated by
> freshclam.
>
> That being said, Dag's repo does have version 0.87, so you should be
> getting updates.

Try my clamav-package, available at: http://filelister.linux-kernel.at;
Just search for clamav... The package should be always up2date and - of
course - tested with CentOS.

You could also try to add a repo like this:

[centos-<putyourversionhere>-lkernAT-extras]
name=CentOS <putyourversionhere> - lkernAT Extras Tree
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.rpms.linux-kernel.at/centos-<putyourversionhere>-lkernAT-extras.mirror
gpgkey=http://keys.rpms.linux-kernel.at/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-lkernAT
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0