[CentOS] samba log on problems

Kai Sandsengen

centos.newsgroup at sandsengen.com
Wed Nov 2 11:23:20 UTC 2005

I can not log on to my samba server from centos client, this used to be
ok when running 4.1. I don't now if I have messed up or what.

The server is up and running, no problems with log on from windows client.

On client, Iptables is ok, server is running, lisa is running.

Tried to use the system-config-samba on client just to check, then this
messages:

Any ideas of what might be the problem?

# system-config-samba
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-samba/system-config-samba.py", line
41, in ?
     mainWindow.MainWindow(debug_flag)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-samba/mainWindow.py", line 75, in __init__
     self.samba_data = sambaParser.SambaParser(self)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-samba/sambaParser.py", line 41, in
__init__
     self.parseFile()
   File "/usr/share/system-config-samba/sambaParser.py", line 75, in
parseFile
     token = self.createToken(line)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-samba/sambaParser.py", line 147, in
createToken
     token =
sambaToken.SambaToken(sambaToken.SambaToken.SAMBA_TOKEN_KEYVAL, (name,
value), self.parent)
   File "/usr/share/system-config-samba/sambaToken.py", line 36, in __init__
     raise AttributeError, value
AttributeError: ('valid user', 'adam')