[CentOS] Putting nat routing into place permanently? -- /etc/rc.d/rc.local v. /etc/init.d/custom scripts

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Thu Nov 3 20:26:44 UTC 2005

> Check the archives,
>
> a post was mde saying that it was explicitly not the right way to do it
> in rc.local...
>
> Hence my comment
>
> P.

I'm hoping this doesn't get nit-picky and petty. I asked for the canonical
way to do it. Interpret this as you wish. I see that to mean, "how would a
Red Hat engineer put that into place". I got my answer, I believe. This
debate about alternatives is great, but there's no need for anyone to get
snippy.

Preston