[CentOS] Sendmail

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Fri Nov 4 21:03:17 UTC 2005

I know this is a "generic" question, but fully CentOS related.  I
attempted to set up i386 v.4.1 on my primary computer at the co-located
site, and thought I had everything squared away till I discovered the
machine was refusing mail connections.  AFIK, I had no firewall or other
objects blocking port 25.  It has been my experience that with most
arch's and versions where sendmail is the stock mta, they always seem to
work out of the box with no tweaking at all.

I have got to get this set up but will do it on a test machine rather
than the production machine.  Between that prblem and the changes
between bind 8 and 9, I was dead in the water from the outset.  Back
online with the BSD machine for the time being.

Any reason why mail connections would be refused ?  (yes sendmail was
running too)

Thanks..

Sam