[CentOS] Sendmail

Mike Kercher mike at CamaroSS.net
Fri Nov 4 21:06:16 UTC 2005

By default, sendmail only listens on 127.0.0.1

Have a look at your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and look for this section towards
the bottom:

dnl #
dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port 587 for
dnl # mail from MUAs that authenticate. Roaming users who can't reach their
dnl # preferred sendmail daemon due to port 25 being blocked or redirected
find
dnl # this useful.
dnl #
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl

Make the DAEMON_OPTIONS look like mine above, save your changes, run 'make'
while in /etc/mail  Then, restart sendmail.

Mike

________________________________

	From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]
On Behalf Of Sam Drinkard
	Sent: Friday, November 04, 2005 3:03 PM
	To: CentOS at centos.org
	Subject: [CentOS] Sendmail

	I know this is a "generic" question, but fully CentOS related.  I
attempted to set up i386 v.4.1 on my primary computer at the co-located
site, and thought I had everything squared away till I discovered the
machine was refusing mail connections.  AFIK, I had no firewall or other
objects blocking port 25.  It has been my experience that with most arch's
and versions where sendmail is the stock mta, they always seem to work out
of the box with no tweaking at all.

	I have got to get this set up but will do it on a test machine
rather than the production machine.  Between that prblem and the changes
between bind 8 and 9, I was dead in the water from the outset.  Back online
with the BSD machine for the time being.

	Any reason why mail connections would be refused ?  (yes sendmail
was running too)

	Thanks..

	Sam