[CentOS] Sendmail

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Sun Nov 6 19:56:00 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-06 at 12:14 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:

> .
>
> You mean they should put it in the manul like this:
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/ref-guide/s1-email-mta.html
> so the mailing list doesn't get cluttered with chatter about
> normal administration procedures?

Ok, it IS in the manuals, but for someone like me switching from a
platform that has sendmail enabled by default to one that doesn't, I
don't expect to have to dig thru all the sysadmin manuals to configure
it to work.  It would be a very simple task to take that same paragraph,
and put it in the release notes or in some *conspicuous* place.

Yes, we're getting off topic, and my problem is solved, but placement of
such an important topic as a mail transfer agent should be, in my
opinion, not buried 49 levels deep in sysadmin.

EOF

Sam