[CentOS] More info on 3Ware 9550SX from the field (in case anyone else is interested)

Chris Mauritz

chrism at imntv.com
Mon Nov 7 05:21:05 UTC 2005

 From a buddy of mine that has spent a little time with the new cards.
This was in response to my email asking about his impressions of them:

 It just came out in mid-September. There are a couple reasons I'm
not thrilled with it:

 1) no 8-port multilane version (only 12)

 2) the 8-port non-multilane version is a kludge, connector-wise (a row
    of 3 double-stacked connectors along the edge, for 6 ports, and 2
    double-stacked connectors in the middle of the board, of which the
    first connector in the stack is a dummy)

 3) They are only on the first release of the software (9.3.0, the first-
    ship release, didn't work, and they released 9.3.0.1). At some point
    they will ship a unified release for the 9550 and 9500, but that's a
    ways off

 4) no BBU support (yet).