[CentOS] Putting nat routing into place permanently? -- /etc/rc.d/rc.local v. /etc/init.d/custom scripts

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 7 12:06:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 10:33 +0000, Peter Farrow wrote:
> Brian denied quite definately that no such comment was posted, I merely
> point out to him that such a comment was made,

Okay, now I've gotta agree with Preston, you're getting "nit-picky and
petty."

Once again, there is a huge difference between the phrases "not
right" (what you thought was said) and "right way" (which was the only
thing said by someone else very early in the thread).  Please recognize
that.

> as he seemed not to have noticed it while compiling a "war and peace"
> style reply of epic proportions....  ;-)

Don't bother demonizing what I said.  Furthermore, I think you, like
some people before, have managed to point this solely on me now.  Maybe
it's because I've posted the most, and that's fine.  But don't single me
out like you are.

I think I've been both _neutral_ and _in-depth_ on this thread on the
"why's" -- you are free to do what you wish, no one will debate you on
that.  But some of us do not agree /etc/rc.d/rc.local is the place to
put our iptables/iproute2/etc... commands, and we like to use either
the /etc/init.d/iptables (with save option) script, and/or
another /etc/init.d/ script.

That's all.  If you still want to single me out in this thread, fine.
But I now think it is as Preston said, "nit-picky and petty."

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com