[CentOS] iSCSI experiences

Robin Mordasiewicz

robin at bullseye.tv
Wed Nov 9 14:40:48 UTC 2005

I just tried an iSCSI connection to a NetAPP filer. I first tried using
CentOS-4.2, but the iscsi initiator would not work. Using the command
iscsi-ls would not show anything. Without spending too much time trying to
figure out why, I tried from a CentOS-3 box. Connecting from the CentOS-3
box worked without a problem the first time.

I will try further to get the CentOS-4 box to connect, but for starters
the CentOS-3 box connection is stable and fast. I have also bonded two one
gig NIC's on both the Filer, and the client, and have a separate iSCSI
VLAN. I still have yet to do any benchmarking, but initially things seem
ok.