[CentOS] Re: OpenFiler (and back on-topic) -- WAS: Filers, filesystems, etc.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Nov 9 15:53:19 UTC 2005

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> OpenFiler2 based on CentOS4/lvm2 is due out before the end of this month.
>
> We are going to still support the CentOS3/Openfiler 1 series for a
> while, SnapShots being an important factor.

because this got asked offlist, right away..... SnapShots on Lvm2 are
still kinda broken - the results you achieve are never predicatable.

During LinuxWorld London, I spoke to agk about this issue - his response
was 'Snapshots are high on the agenda for lvm2, will work soon'.

> - K
>
> PS: OpenFiler is my day job

Actually, its not entirely. I work for Xinit Systems, and they in turn
sponsor the Openfiler project. Offshoot being that I get to spend
daytime office hours working on OpenFiler.