[CentOS] kannel from dag - sqlite conflict with centos 4.2

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 00:04:13 UTC 2005

On 11/10/05, Deim Ágoston <ago at lsc.hu> wrote:

> > which has a dependency on sqlite version 2.8.16-1.2.el4.rf also from
> Dag.

does the sqlite2 packages from Dag's repo conflict with sqlite3 packages
> from official repo ? If they don't then install sqlite2 packages.

The two packages appear to not overlap in terms of the files that they
install - and according to the sqlite website, sqlite3 should happily work
alongside sqlite (meaning versions <3). I think the problem lies in that the
centos team chose to call their package sqlite rather than sqlite3, so
accidentally clashing with Dag's rpmforge package name. I think I'll be able
to get away with forcing the upgrade of sqlite v3 and then I'll manually put
back the sqlite 2.8.16 files so that kannel is still happy. Since it's a
live system, I'll need to go practice on something else first though!

> Try to create a symlink with name libsqlite.so.0 pointing to
> libsqlite3.so.0. And install kannel with nodeps flag.
> Maybe it will work, maybe not. As I remember sqlite3 not (fully)
> compatible with sqlite2 API.

And the database file formats have apparently changed significantly too.
I'll be needing yum to use one system and kannel to use the older one, so
symlinking the two together is frightening!

--
Cheers,

Tony