[CentOS] Error with yum and mirrors in 4.2

iagosineiro at yahoo.es

Fri Nov 11 15:42:25 UTC 2005

Hi.

After installing CentOS 4.2 and importing GPG key I executed:

Yum list updates

Setting up repositories
Hppt://mirror.centos.org/centos4/updates/i386/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4]
IO
Error: <urlopen erro (-3, 'Fallo temporal en la resolucion del nombre')>
Trying other mirror
Cannot open/read repmod.xml file for reposotiory:update
Failure: repopdata/repomd.xml from update: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.
Error: failure: repodata/repmod.xml from update: [Errno 256] no more mirrors
to try

What I'm doing bad? What are the steps for update the system after initial
installation? I look at www.centos.org but didn't find any guide?

Iago.