[CentOS] Beware - Yum 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade replaces named.conf -- not a YUM issue ...

Michael Rock mikerocks65 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 20:07:01 UTC 2005

I assume the significant changes were for ip6 since
other than adding a location for the dump and
statistics file, it adds these 3 zones which looks
like they are all for ip6 support. Since I am not
using ip6 and do not know anyone who is yet I assume
it is safe to leave these out.

zone
"0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa"
IN {
        type master;
	file "named.ip6.local";
	allow-update { none; };