[CentOS] Beware - Yum 3.5 to 3.6 upgrade replaces named.conf

Michael Rock mikerocks65 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 15 23:58:47 UTC 2005

--- Maciej ¯enczykowski <maze at cela.pl> wrote:

These may sound like really simple questions but I am
questioning my basic beliefs since just learning now
that for years I have been incorrectly configuring
bind through named.conf and just found out I had a
caching-dns rpm installed but did not know it.

> I don't think it's a matter of what needs to be
> removed, but rather what
> needs to be added - zone  declarations need to be
> added both in the main
> configuration file and their respective files...

But if that is the case and the rpm is just
configuration files it would seem I was not running a
caching-name server after all.

Other than my domains nothing here is related to the
caching-dns server?  I need named.ca so my primary can
contact root servers and localhost is normal correct?

controls {
	inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndckey;
};
};
zone "." {
	type hint;