[CentOS] yum update - Glibc Problem

Lee W

lee at unassemble.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 22:32:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just done a fresh install of Centos 4.0 on a Via C3 Based system
using the Centos DVD I downloaded a while ago.

Then install goes though fine as does running 'yum check-update'.
However when running the actual 'yum update', it downloads all the
headers but afterwards displays the following errors:-

--> Processing Dependency: glibc-common = 2.3.4-2 for package: glibc
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: glibc-common = 2.3.4-2 is needed by package glibc

I've checked using 'rpm -q glibc-common' that the appropriate version is
installed (The system wouldn't run otherwise would it?):-

[root at doc ~]# rpm -q glibc-common
glibc-common-2.3.4-2

Has anyone else experienced this problem, I'm sure that I have been able
to install Centos 4 on a Via system before, so does anyone know what (if
anything) has changed with the recent versions of Glibc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered

Regards

Lee