[CentOS] Turning root partition into a RAID array **THEBACKGROUND**

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 02:23:37 UTC 2005

On 11/16/05, Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com> wrote:
> Nigel kendrick wrote:
>
> >>If it was me (and it isn't), I probably would have set up the 3 disks in a
> >>

> >RAID5 array.  That way, you can lose one disk and the system still hums
> >along until you can replace the failed disk.

I have successfully survived a hdd crash in raid1 since the system was
set to boot up from second disk as well. We copied all partitions in
disk one to disk two (including root) and then setup some grub magic.
so that the second disk was also bootable. And this off a software
raid.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux