[CentOS] yum update - Glibc Problem

Lee W lee at unassemble.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 18:21:54 UTC 2005

Jim Perrin wrote:

>>Oh well, I'm trying an update with exactarch=0 to see if that works.
>>Failing that I'll download the updated 4.2 ISO's and install from that.
>>

>Be careful with that. It may affect more than just glibc. If you're
>going to do update with exactarch=0, do 'yum install glibc' or
>something similar to avoid pulling in ALL other affected rpms.
>

>--
>Jim Perrin
>System Architect - UIT
>Ft Gordon & US Army Signal Center

It's not a live system, so if ends up broken I'm not bothered.

Seeing as it seems that just the i386 arch is availabe, would it not be
best to change all other packages to be i386 as well (which I figured
doing yum update would do) to avoid this problem in the future if
another package is updated?

Lee