[CentOS] [OT][Practices] The Case for RBAC/MAC

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Sat Nov 19 14:25:56 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 19:09 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 20:29 -0500, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> > <snip>

> > I'd like to interject here.. this thread has really gone off the deep
> > end, but just chew on this for a little while, and perhaps something
> > good will come out of it.  99% of the time, people get agitated,
> > aggrivated, or ill about things that 1., they have no control over, and
> > 2., in all likelyhood, 99% of the time, those 99% of events will *NEVER*
> > have any impact on you, *so* why even worry with it ?  Personal feelings
> > never solve anything unless you happen to be husband and wife, and I
> > don't think any of you fit that category.  It's time to move on to other
> > topics, if this thread has not run everybody off already.
> ----
> and I'd like to interject here...
>
> I am quite certain that few if any minds are changed by these debates
> but I think that it's arbitrary and unfair for some to express their
> opinions and then someone decides that they can cut off debate because
> they aren't interested.
>
> I presume you know how to delete emails that are on topics that you
> aren't interested in.
>
> Everyone should get the opportunity to speak their piece - regardless of
> whether you agree or not, and if you're not interested in the
> thread...just delete it.
>
> Craig

I could be wrong, but I took Sam's post as a suggestion. It seemed
perfectly reasonable to me even though I've been interested in the
thread because if I am patient and wade through the necessary repetition
I get introduced to a lot of concepts and details that I've not been
exposed to.

I did not see a threat (and actual apparent follow-through) to block or
remove anyone, as we have seen in the past.

So I just wanted to say I think nothing was wrong with the *suggestion*
made.

Bill