[CentOS] Ssh with OS X Tiger (Darwin) and CentOS 4.2

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sun Nov 20 04:32:13 UTC 2005

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005, Ryan Lum wrote:

> Anyone know any issue with OS X 10.4 and CentOS with ssh or any
> connectivity issue with: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 vs OpenSSH_3.9p1?

When communicating with a CentOS box, the Tiger ssh client tries to do
Authentication in the order of publickey, gssapi-with-mic, password.
When communicating with a Tiger sshd, the Tiger ssh client tries
gssapi-with-mic, publickey, gssapi, password, keyboard-interactive.

When communicating with Linux boxes, you'll have better luck by
setting the PreferredAuthentications directive in ssh_config (or
~/.ssh/config) to "publickey,keyboard-interactive,password". That
works well for me (Tiger client, lots of Linux servers)...

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com