[CentOS] Re: problem with yum

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 17:56:48 UTC 2005

On 11/21/05, Roger D Vargas <luo_hei at yahoo.es> wrote:
> I changed mirror and stil have the problem.
> The file starts downloading, but at 40-60% aborts with a timeout error,
> no matter what mirror Im using. I have used yum since a lot of time ago
> with fedora 2 without problems.

I've seen this problem before and it was related to firewall/proxy
rules and was fixed by changing to a faster mirror (this was a laptop,
so it was also fixed by moving that machine to a network outside of
that particular proxy).

Also, did you change to an HTTP mirror or FTP mirror?  Please try an
FTP mirror and let us know how that works.

Regards,
Greg