[CentOS] latex writer in gnome?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Nov 22 19:01:17 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> Does anybody know the gnome program that you can write in latex with please?
> I'm not sure but I think its in the base repo. Its not winefish as it
> (winefish) doesn't compile the source text like the program that I'm looking
> for does.

'kile' builds and runs fine in CentOS 4, and to my thinking is
much more usable than Lyx, although not real time wysiwyg

The packaged sources and all dependencies needed to build on
centos-4 are at:
    ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/kile/

Screenshot, with Kile, xdvi, and xpdf running at:
    http://www.owlriver.com/kile.jpg

-- Russ Herrold