[CentOS] dual head on laptop

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:48:51 UTC 2005

On 11/22/05, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
>  I am trying to use the system-config-display utility to setup a
>  laptop for dual-heal.
>
>  I want my LCD to be 1024x768 and external VGA to be 1366x768.
>  I presume the LCD will go virtual or something to match the 1366x768
>  which is fine.
>
>  When I am setting up the dual head and click OK nothing happens???
>
>  On the console I have something about
> secondVideoCardOptionMenu.get_menu().get_active().get_data("NAME")
>  attribute error.
>
>  There is no second video card in a laptop????
>
>  How do setup the VGA port to be different than the LCD?

I, too, would love to know. I have an hp ze4630us laptop that is less
than useful due to this very problem. The laptop is dual boot witn
WinXP and CentOS4. When I connect the external port to a projector and
boot CentOS4, the image displays fine, but as soon as X starts the
projector loses sync. With WinXP running, the projector works just
fine.

It's a real bummer to have to make a Linux presetation with WinXP
driving the show!

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write