[CentOS] A minor beef

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:12:37 UTC 2005

On 11/24/05, Bryan J. Smith <thebs413 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 19:46 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> > Thanks to all who responded. CentOS is a great distro, and it's worth
> > the occasional struggle, but it woud be even better without the
> > struggle.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out what you're trying to accomplish with
> such statements.
>
> Then again, I should probably ask the same thing of myself with regards
> to responding to you.  ;->

Simple frustration that [ the | one of the ] [ pick one]  best distros
does not have the best delivery mechanism. The fact that I have not
experienced this type of frustration with other major distros seems to
be of no consequence to you, and that's fine. I'm not interested in
plugging Gentoo or Ubuntu; I'm merely asserting the fact that I almost
never encounter this type of problem when fetching updates for these
distros.

Some of the responses - maintain your own mirror or use a different
mirror list - are excellent workarounds for my problem, and I will
pursue them, but these recommendations ignore the fact that I never
needed workarounds for ceratin other distros. If the problem doesn't
exist, you don't need a workaround.

We've just about exhausted this thread.

--
Collins Richey
      Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write