[CentOS] A minor beef

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Sat Nov 26 02:30:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 17:11 -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:
> However, in my case I arrived at CentOS via Whitebox after giving
> up on paid support from RH on ES3.  They were nice enough people,
> but I have had fewer problems getting updates from CentOS and have
> obtained equally helpful support here as I ever did from RH; for
> only $25.00 USD per box per year vs. ~$1000.00 per box per year.
> As my experience with RH is not yet a year old I very much doubt
> that there has been much change for the better.

You were paying $1,000/year for RHEL ES???

BTW, I'm not debating whether or not the help here is sufficient.

But when it came to the recent RHEL3U6 and RHEL4U2 releases, I got them
quick'n fast, without any difficulty.  I do _not_ expect the same out of
a rebuild, especially when the SRPMS aren't always complete/exact.

--
Bryan J. Smith   b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com