[CentOS] Quota and Squirrelmail

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Nov 26 15:31:25 UTC 2005

Alain Reguera wrote on Sat, 26 Nov 2005 02:59:19 -0500:

> the problem is when the quota is over, the inbox in squirrelmail is
> locked so the user can't delete their mails and free the space. And
> all is frozen for them.

AFAIK this is a general problem with quota. It doesn't apply to
Squirrelmail only. It happens the same way with the POP daemons I know.
The reason is that the mailbox file gets temporarily moved for opening it
and thus for a short amount of time two files would exist and that user be
over quota. Behavior may be better if you use maildir format, don't know.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany