[CentOS] 3ware RAID controller scripts

Bob Lewkowitz

boblewkowitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 02:10:23 UTC 2005

Hello list, I see through the archives that some people here use 3ware
RAID controllers with Centos. I have picked up two 9500S-4LP
controllers for future servers. I was hoping that if some people could
please share their 3ware monitoring scripts with the rest of the
group. What I am really hoping to do is have some setup where a cron
job runs scripts to test each of the drives connected to the
controller to make sure they are not going to break any time soon and
then check the health of the array itself. I am used to using smartd
for basic SCSI and IDE drives but not connected to this adapter. Any
good souls out there want to spread the knowledge?

thx, Bob