[CentOS] A minor beef

ryan ryanag at zoominternet.net
Tue Nov 29 23:17:06 UTC 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 08:03, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> > Keep in mind where their home base is. Frankly, any move made against
> > them by a US software company would only generate sympathy, and could be
> > potentially unsuccessful given MS's rather poor track record n EU court's
> > lately.
>
> Illegal redistribution is illegal redistribution.  It's not debatable.

Its very debatable. What is "illegal redistribution" in one country is not in
another.

Of course, I'm sure MS doesn't like it when third world countries engage in
rampant copying/distribution of Windows and Office - but I bet most of those
countries have no laws on their books that make software "piracy" illegal.

What is illegal in Redmond, USA is not necessarily illegal in the rest of the
world and vice versa.