[CentOS] Yum / Up2date issues and mirror.centos.org

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:05:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 13:03, William Warren wrote:
> h'm not.  I don't want to HAVE to reconfigure my clients..nor do i want
> to HAVE to add a proxy line into my yum.conf files.  I actually do agree
> with les it should just work w/o having to screw around with config files.

What I actually do is add the proxy info to the command line so
it is exported to yum - and I don't have a transparent proxy, I
just do it to make all the machines use the same cache which I've
configured to store large files.  I update often enough that I can
nearly always recall the command line from history with ^r3128 (the
squid port).  Or, I'll ssh to several machines and cut/paste the
command line between windows.

> Please don't accuse me of picking and choosing Bryan.  It is not what i
> did at all.  I chose to add the ftp lines to simply get things working
> again.  it is not something that should have to be done at all.  If i
> had more than 3-5 machine here i would fire up another one as a
> dedicated mirror.

But, if you had more machines, you'd probably be trying other
distributions or versions on them.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com