[CentOS] Building rpms

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Wed Nov 30 16:16:08 UTC 2005

From: Matt Hyclak [mailto:hyclak at math.ohiou.edu]

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 11:05:48AM -0500, Bowie Bailey enlightened us:
> >
> > I found an rpm from Fedora Core Development on RPMFIND.  Will this one
work
> > with Centos, or should I grab the source rpm and rebuild it?
>
> Rebuild from src.rpm.

Ok, tried that...

$ rpmbuild --rebuild openldap-2.3.11-3.src.rpm
Installing openldap-2.3.11-3.src.rpm
error: Failed build dependencies:
        bind-libbind-devel is needed by openldap-2.3.11-3.x86_64
        libtool-ltdl-devel is needed by openldap-2.3.11-3.x86_64

# yum install bind-libbind-devel libtool-ltdl-devel
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: bind-libbind-devel
No Match for argument: libtool-ltdl-devel
Nothing to do

Where do I find these two?  Do they have different names with CentOS,
or do I have to get them from elsewhere?

Thanks,
Bowie