[CentOS] CentOS mailserver and spam filter setup ideas & preferences

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 16:54:02 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 10:12, Jim Perrin wrote:
> > i will probably be using the www.qmailrocks.org system again yet i am
> > interested in what others have done and are doing please...
>
> Ugh.. qmail. I'll refrain from spitting up too much hate about the DJB
> way of doing things here and just say "it's a functional product, but
> his way is not the right way"

Yes, it is so far wrong and has licensing that prevents others from
fixing it that there is a project to completely replace the front
end component: http://smtpd.develooper.com/.

I'm not sure why anyone would replace the perfectly functional
sendmail/postfix components of Centos with qmail, but if they
did it would be a good idea to check out qpsmptpd.  It can also
be used as a front-end to postfix to give some of the
functionality that you get with sendmail milters like MimeDefang.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com