[CentOS] Too much memory cache being used while moving large file

Sean O Sullivan seanos at seanos.net
Wed Nov 30 21:38:45 UTC 2005

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>> 3ware 9000S card, with Raid5 array.
>> I think that's about all relevant info ...
>
> You have the latest 9.2.1.1 3Ware firmware release, correct?
> And the latest driver for that release, correct?

Using latest firmware, yes.
I'm using the driver included in kernel, not 3ware's - I'm unsure if
this is 'right' or not - be fairly curious on your experience in this
matter (since you seem to have a fair bit of 3ware experience/knowledge).

> Again, everytime I run into this, I hit 3Ware's knowlegebase
> and find some settings that I play with and they not only
> solve the problem, but increase performance.  And if it
> persists, you'll be ready to talk to their tech support.
>
> A good whitepaper to read on 3Ware 9000 series cards on
> kernel 2.6 (applicable to your CentOS 4.2 system) is here:
>   http://www.3ware.com/kb/attachments/Linux2.6WP_0701.pdf

Thanks will look into that.
Unsure if if related to this problem - bugzilla link given by Joshua
looks like a fairly likely culprit.