[CentOS] Highpoint Rocketraid 2240

Sun Nov 20 22:52:34 UTC 2005
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Has anyone on the list used one of these w/Linux?  We currently use
Linux + Cinelerra for editing uncompressed video (and a few dual G5 macs
running Final Cut Pro).  Current editing stations are getting a bit long
in the tooth so I've been mulling over a mass upgrade.  8-)

These cards are interesting to me because they are PCI-X and support 4
SATAII drives per multilane/infiniband connector for a total of 16
drives.  Multilane is interesting to me because the editor can use a SFF
system (tiny desktop footprint) with 1M multilane cables talking to the
pile of disks in an external enclosure stashed out of the way with its
own redundant power supply.  I was going to just order some multilane
3Ware cards, but one of my more technically inclined video editors
suggested this card.

Best regards,