[CentOS] Can CentOS 4 be installed from CD1 only?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Oct 2 15:48:16 UTC 2005

Morten wrote:

> Hi. I'm installing CentOS far from home and forgot the CDs... I don't
> have time to download all 4, what are my best options? I can download CD
> 1 and perhaps 2 - is that enough? Is there a way to install directly
> over the internet from one of the mirrors?

if you boot the cd-1 with 'linux askmethod' the installer will ask you
where you want to install from, you can then select http/ftp and use a
public mirror to install the distro from.

Alternatively, you can do a minimum install  from CD1 and then yum
install whatever else you need at a later time.

- KB