[CentOS] FreeNX and bash-completion

Maciej Żenczykowski

maze at cela.pl
Sun Oct 2 23:04:43 UTC 2005

Hi!

I have the following packages installed:

freenx-0.4.4-1.centos4.noarch from extras
bash-completion-20050721-1.2.el4.rf.noarch from dries/dag
bash-3.0-19.2.i386 from base

seems to result in a non-working nxserver (the window manager doesn't
start up, although X applications can be launched via logging in
through a seperate ssh and setting the DISPLAY variable accordingly)...

As far as I can tell:
nxserver calls nxnode which sources ~/.bash_profile which sources
~/.bashrc which sources /etc/bashrc which sources /etc/profile.d/*.sh
including /etc/profile.d/bash_completion.sh which sources
/etc/bash_completion - which doesn't return (or rather somehow quits,
thus causing the skipping of the execution of the X window manager).
Anyway the point is that the line after sourcing ~/.bash_profile in nxnode
does not get called (when the /etc/bash_completion file is present).

Not sure if the problem is in nxserver or in bash_completion, but renaming
the /etc/bash_completion file fixes the problem...

Anyone feel like debugging more of this?  (the bash_completion file is
rather magicky and I don't feel inclined to dig in it...)

Cheers,
MaZe.