[CentOS] question on firewire support and centosplus

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Sun Oct 2 23:52:03 UTC 2005

Hi Lee:

   Thanks for the pointers.  I have FC4 on another box with the USB2
connected to it.  I am getting about 35 MB/s reads (VIA chipset), and
about 15-20 MB/s writes.  The context switching is horrible, and drives
the processor load way up.

   I will install the new Centosplus RPMs for the kernel.  I presume I
can do it via yum and adding it into the repos.  Thanks.

joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO