[CentOS] Lost my menu options again - KDE messes with Gnome?

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Mon Oct 3 11:53:00 UTC 2005

> Suggest that you logout, grab a root shell, move your ~/.gnome2 to
> ~/.gnome2-bak and log back in. This should reset the gnome settings back
> to defaults but I am not knowledgeable about how/where things gnome are
> stored. You might want to move specific program settings back from the
> backup folder you created.

Unfortunately, that yielded no results.

I noticed when I logged into the root account, also in Gnome, and which
should already be in default mode as I've never made any adjustments to
it, is also missing the "Preferences" menu item in the Applications bar.

So it would seem it's not a matter of individual user settings, but
something more general.

Dave