[CentOS] Centos 4.1 on RaQ 550?

Trevor G. Hammonds trevor at skyhost.net
Mon Oct 3 20:16:11 UTC 2005

Paul R. Ganci wrote on Sunday, 2 October 2005 8:28 AM:

> Has anyone ever tried to install 4.0 or 4.1 on an old Sun RaQ 550
> Cobalt machine? If so would you be willing to share your procedure
> and experience?
>
> I have spent several hours googling and have found how to do this
> with Fedora Core 1 using a 2.4 kernel. However I am wondering what
> Cobalt specific patches have to be applied to get 2.6 kernel to work.
> I have not found anything related to building a functional 2.6 kernel
> for the RaQ 550. Otherwise, I am assuming that the install procedure
> would be very similar for Centos 4.1 and Fedora Core 1.

We used to have some of those.  I believe the Cobalt RaQ 550 is MIPS-based.
I am not sure there is a version of Centos that runs on MIPS processors.

If you do find an answer to this, please share it with the list.  I would
love to resurrect some of those boxes with Centos and BlueQuartz!

		Sincerely,
		Trevor Hammonds