[CentOS] Motherboards

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Tue Oct 4 15:52:02 UTC 2005

We run alot of supermicro boards (>5 types >300 boards) and they are in my
experience very nice and reliable. Specifically I have a few (~100) X6DHxx
boards that have ICH5, PXH and dual Xeons, rock solid.

/Peter

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 17.07, Sam Drinkard wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Super-Micro brand motherboards //
> dual Xeon cpu's?  Had to swap out my Tyan piece of junk and going back
> with the S-M board.  I believe it has similar north/southbridge chips on
> it -- at least they are the intel MCH ICH5R and PXH plus the 82546GB.
> One area that the Tyan board was seriously lacking in was in the
> hardware monitoring department.  The S-M board uses a winbond 83627HF
> chip.  Another area I'm wondering about is with the SATA controller.
> Supposedly the ICH5R supports Raid 0, 1, and JBOD's, but does CentOS
> handle the sata raid without difficulty?
>
> Tnx..

  Peter Kjellström               |
  National Supercomputer Centre  |
  Sweden                         | http://www.nsc.liu.se