[CentOS] Can't access files at localhost

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Tue Oct 11 16:19:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 18:42 +0300, Alexandru E. Ungur wrote:
> > I've created a symlink inside my /var/www/html/ folder called "web",
> > which is points to a my /home/dave/web directory.
> >
> > Inside that directory, I created a folder for my web site called
> > "website".
> >
> > I thought I should be able to access that web site through FireFox by
> > going to either:
> >
> > httpd://localhost/web/website
> >
> > ... or:
> >
> > http://localhost/web/website
> >
> > ... but I just get errors. It says that httpd is not a registered
> > <SNIP>

> Exactly!
>
> First of all, these are not CentOS specific questions... but it's an unmodarated list,
> so let's get over that.

And if so, you never should have mentioned it? Since I joined these
lists, I have seen *many* non=CentOS-related questions and no one ever
objects or mentions the fact. So why did you see the need for this?

I agree it would be nice to have mostly CentOS related only, but no one
has expressed a strong push in that direction.