[CentOS] Wherefore whitebox?

Benjamin Smith

lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Oct 12 06:10:25 UTC 2005

Well,

I'm a recent convert from WBEL. My biggest concern with CentOS is that the
community here seems to want to be more than a recompile of RHEL.

But WBEL is floundering, what with Katrina and Rita, and there really being
only 1 developer behind it, etc.

I offer an automated shell script to switch from WBEL4 to CentOS4 (easy, it's
hosted on my home DSL line!) It assumes that you've been using yum to perform
updates...

http://chico.benjamindsmith.com/wbel2centos4.sh

How many otther ex-WBEL users are there here?

-Ben
- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978