[CentOS] Anyone use fetchmail for multiple users?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Oct 12 23:28:03 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 16:03 -0700, Preston Crawford wrote:
> Trying to figure out how to configure it for multiple users. By default
> CentOS doesn't have a daemon setup if you want to do this.

----
I think fetchmail by design wasn't intended to run for anything but a
single user and you can run many instances for many users.

There is indeed a daemon mode... 'man fetchmail' will clearly describe
it.

I suppose there have been people who have gotten it to work for a domain
but generally, you could probably work out a store and forward with your
ISP and use ETRN to pull in email for an entire domain instead of using
fetchmail.

Craig

believed to be clean.