[CentOS] Anyone use fetchmail for multiple users?

Maciej Żenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Wed Oct 12 23:54:26 UTC 2005

> Anyway, I only want to run it for two people. Would I just run both of them
> in daemon mode?

If you want to run it for two people then just set up the "~/.fetchmailrc"
file for each user and run "fetchmail" on each users account

example "~/.fetchmailrc" file:

set daemon 1800
poll server.pl protocol POP3 tracepolls
     user myname smtpname email+tag at destination.pl
poll server2.pl protocol POP3 tracepolls
     user myname2 smtpname email+tag2 at destination.pl
     user myname3 smtpname email+tag3 at destination.pl

and "fetchmail" added to the end of "~/.bash_profile" which loads
fetchmail when you login (or pings it to force refresh) and it stays
loaded till reboot.