[CentOS] Updates not catching up ?

Filianx filianx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:15:50 UTC 2005

I would just like to point out that usually updates are received within 72
hours or less!!
 CentOS 4 U2 , this will be a major job for Johnny and the other guys,but I
have no doubt it will be up to their usual high standard.
 Perhaps i have read this and recent posts incorrectly....folks seem to be
complaining about a product they get for free and probably do not contribute
towards....perhaps some perspective is required and less neediness?
 Just my thoughts
 Great job guys!!

 On 12/10/05, mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded and installed centos 4.1 from DVD and I a little
> confused with the update procedure.
>
> The faq from the centos.org <http://centos.org> site mentions something
> like 72 hrs (or
> less) from one security update to goes from the sources.rpm from rh to
> centos.
>
> I was cheking rh's site
> (https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel4as-errata.html) and saw one update
> to mysql (https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/rhel4as-errata.html) that I
> can't get using yum upgrade.
>
> For example. My mysql is mysql.i386 0:4.1.10a-2.RHEL4.1 and rh is
> mysql-4.1.12-3.RHEL4.1.src.rpm..
>
> I am using the standard yum.conf/yum.repos.d.
>
> Is this a mirror problem or it is taking longer than expected for the
> updates to be available ?
>
> tks.

Filianx