[CentOS] yum issues

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Sat Oct 15 13:13:48 UTC 2005

William Warren wrote:

> nods they are rsynching as fast as their pipes will allow them to.
>
> William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>
>> William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

>>> I just checked & Ga.Tech has CentOS 4.2, dated 10/13/2005, I have
>>> used them in the past, good bandwidth, etc. YMMV & all that ....
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.gtlib.cc.gatech.edu/pub/centos/
>>>
>>> --
>>>     William A. Mahaffey III
>>>     Remember, ignorance is bliss, but
>>>     willful ignorance is LIBERALISM !!!!
>>>

>> Oooooops, spoke too soon, they have all the directories but nothing
>> in them yet, sorry :-).
>>
>> --
>>     William A. Mahaffey III
>>     Remember, ignorance is bliss, but
>>     willful ignorance is LIBERALISM !!!!

Does CentOS announce (new versions) to everyone simultaneously ? If so,
perhaps it might be better to 'pre-announce' to various mirrors & let
them get everything loaded, then do the full public announcement ....

--
	William A. Mahaffey III