[CentOS] ATI Radeon 7000 and DRI

Aleksandar Milivojevic

alex at milivojevic.org
Tue Oct 18 05:00:02 UTC 2005

OK, so I've got two PCs with Radeon 7000.  One has PCI version of the
card, and the other has AGP version of the card.

Before update to 4.2, I had DRI enabled on both of them, and it worked
stable for me (lucky me).  After update to 4.2, the PC with AGP version
of the card does not load radeon kernel module anymore, and it seems DRI
related options from xorg.conf file are ignored.  On the PC with PCI
version of the card radeon module gets loaded and everything still seems
to work nicely and stable.

I remember some talk about DRI being disabled when Radeon 7000 is
detected on Alpha (or PPC, not sure), and this being CentOS specific
modification.  Has this modification by any chance accidentally leaked
into i386 packages?  Or is this something that came from upstream?