[CentOS] Update or not?

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Tue Oct 18 14:25:55 UTC 2005

Update worked flawlessly (except for problems arising from saturated mirror bandwidth)

Afterwards, however, 'yum update' doesn't work because of 'dag' repository failures.

Taking 'dag' out of /etc/yum.conf lets me continue, what's with 'dag'?  Is he (his site) updated?

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 13:30, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Sam Drinkard wrote:
> > After reading all the problems with the x86-64 update, I'm in a quandry
> > as to update this machine or not.  Nothing that I am aware of is broken,
>
> update it.
>
> do a 'yum update yum' then 'yum update kernel* audit*'
> reboot the machine
> and do a full yum update
>
> - K

That advice worked for me.  The only negative thing I've noticed so far
is a ton of messages in /var/log/messages from dbus regarding the audit
system.  At this point, I don't know what they mean but nothing critical
seems to be broken.

Evan