[CentOS] Upgrade=Broken x86_64

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Wed Oct 19 01:18:26 UTC 2005

Karanbir Singh wrote:

> Sam Drinkard wrote:
>
>>> You are correct Tony, it's the ncar graphics.  The sofware was built
>>> and installed by me, in the normal (recommended) location,
>>> /usr/local/ncarg and the companion language, ncl in /usr/local/ncl.
>>

> just rebuild the src.rpm's that you build initially and reinstall,
> from the looks of things, lib's that were linked against the app might
> have changed / moved away.
>
> You did build into rpm's right ?
>
> - K

No, these were not rpm's.  The normal configure, make, make install.
The package still works, but must now be root to run the fortran script
and create the metafile.  I've looked for subtle changes in different
places but can't seem to find where anything changed, but I may be
looking in the wrong place too.

--
Snowman