[CentOS] Hosed by 4.2

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at birdvet.org
Wed Oct 19 19:30:13 UTC 2005

I don't think it's video-card related.

My home system is runnign CentOS 3.  I run it in runmode 3, and then use
tightvnc-server from Dag's site to access the GUI as necessary.  After I
yum updated today, the vnc-server won't refresh the whole screen.  I
tried uninstalling tightvnc-server and installing vnc-server.  Same issue.

My guess is that it's something to do with the X.org system, but I'm not
familiar with the source at all.

I'm glad I checked here that 4.x is borked as well, I was getting ready
to re-load my system with 4.2...

Ben